Home   Forums   Downloads   Account   Photos

Search for at
Pleco World Advanced Search

l183 breeding

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Pleco World Forum Index -> Pleco Breeding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:42 am Post subject: l183 breeding Reply with quote

hi all i recently got some unsexed l183s and was wondering what people have breed them and in what conditions cheers colin.
Sandstone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:44 am Post subject: Re: l183 breeding Reply with quote

Hi,,, I have some frys growing out rght now.. after trying for over 1 year they finally got the job done. had to use a different male.. 1st male like to eat the eggs. I use all RO water,, temp, is around 85 . I did take 7 of the frys out after they where free swimiming and had left 4 in the tank. The 4 in the tank grow alot faster and looked 100% better so I ended up putting the other frys back in with the parents.  They all look healthy and happy now and growing great.. Love the color of those little guys..

HAVE A WONDERUL DAY.... GOT TO LOVE THOSE PLECOS... BYE SANDY
bsmith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 pm Post subject: Re: l183 breeding Reply with quote

You first need to have sexually mature fish. With L183 thats usually between 1.5 and 2.5 years. Then you need to try to create an environment that they feel comfortable in. In my cast this is a 37g set at 82-84 degrees. I do WC's with RO water from my system. The tanks substrate is a mix of old ADA Aquasoil Ammazonia nd natural looking inert aquarium gravel. I also have tons of DW in the tank and this cause the pH to be below 6 from my cruddy APi test kit. TDS is ~100ppm. They also need to be fat and by fat I just mean fed well. I use Kens earthworm sticks and flakes, spirulina sticks and flakes, veggie sticks with Ca, tropical flakes and other foods. You just need to make sure that  that if you feed a lot that you clean the substrate of any uneaten food withing the day so it doesn't rot and crate poor water conditions.

HTH,.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Pleco World Forum Index ->  Pleco Breeding Time synchronized with the forum server time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: