Home   Forums   Downloads   Account   Photos

Search for at
Pleco World Advanced Search

L204 (Emperor flash)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Pleco World Forum Index -> Pleco Breeding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plecoman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 pm Post subject: L204 (Emperor flash) Reply with quote

Has anyone ever had any L204 pleco's?  I have the opportunity to get a few, but I was wondering if they were easy to breed and keep.  Any info would be appreciated.   Question
stuby

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: L204 (Emperor flash) Reply with quote

I have a pair of them...as far as I have seen they are a easy to keep plecs as long as you keep up with tank cleaning. They like their wood and make a lot of saw dust.....try to keep some softer hard wood in the tank for them to chew on, like oak... As far as breeding them...they are a pain in the you know what! Mine bred two years ago but never got any fry from it...and they haven't bred sence then. Regarless they are a nice plec and the fact that they don't breed as easy as other plecs just makes it even more worth wile to try if you ask me!

Take care, Chuck

Pleco addict......got plecs?
plecoman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: L204 (Emperor flash) Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Chuck!  They are a beautiful looking pleco!   Very Happy

Sandstone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:34 pm Post subject: Re: L204 (Emperor flash) Reply with quote

i HAVE THE L204 AND DO LIKE THEM. THEY ARE ONE OF THOSE PLECOS THAT DO NOT HIDE ALL DAY AND YOU CAN SEE THEM PLUS WATCH THEM. LOVE THE COLOR OF THEM BUT HAVE NOT BRED THEM AND NOT LOOKING LIKE THEY WILL.

HAVE A WONDERUL DAY.... GOT TO LOVE THOSE PLECOS... BYE SANDY
plecoman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: L204 (Emperor flash) Reply with quote

Hopefully they will surprise you one day!  How big are they and how long have you had them?  Smile

Bwhiskered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 am Post subject: Re: L204 (Emperor flash) Reply with quote

I have had 6 204 plecos for 3 or 4 years. They are now 6 inches long and are easy to keep. They have not yet bred but their actions show they come close. They eat everything and are always active. Their refusal to spawn only makes them more of a challenge.
DaveW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: L204 (Emperor flash) Reply with quote

I have 5 of them in a 20 gallon long.  1 large adult male around 6 inches, 1 young adult and three juvies.  When the previous poster said they like their wood, he is not kidding.  I have a wood cave in the tank that's made out of oak I think, and then some african driftwood.  I keep 15 different kinds of plecos and these guys are way beyond any other species as far as making the sawdust.  I have a Pengiun 150 filter on the tank and the bio wheel will stop turning within 1 week if I don't clean it because of the water flow.  The filter gets stopped up because of all the wood debris.  They do seem very hardy tho, I've had several plecos that would have died due to the filter not fully working but these guys, never a problem.  They are a nice looking pleco tho!
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Pleco World Forum Index ->  Pleco Breeding Time synchronized with the forum server time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: